Saturday, May 22, 2010

Darkroom Photo Course gone wrong

Although I had taken a black and white darkroom course in high school, I decided to repeat the course in University, just in case there were some techniques or procedures that a University level approached differently then what a high school does. So, I took the course and it was beyond easy for me, because 99.9% of all the procedures were the same.

However, the course took a negative turn for me about 2 1/2 months into the semester, when I started having a horrific allergic reaction to the chemicals. I tried wearing a mask and gloves, and there was no change. I actually kept getting worse, and eventually ended up with full blown bronchitis, and had to miss school.

So, the rest of the semester, I had to take my pictures digitally. Here are some of the digital pictures I took.

I chose my final project theme to be about teenage girls of today. Girls who have to put up with society's expectations of what young girls should look like and who they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment