Saturday, May 22, 2010

Electronic Media/Graphics Course

My graphics course was definitely my favorite. I was going to finally get an official course in photoshop. I had always known how to work my way through photoshop but have always taught myself how the program worked and never had a proper class in it. The photoshop portion was a breeze although there were some things that I had been doing wrong.


The next phase of the course was adobe Illustrator. This was definitely something new for me, since illustrator incorporates a lot of drawing skills, and drawing is an area that is most definitely not my strong point. The first project was to convert a photo into a painting, with the use of lines. This was pretty doable, except for my struggling with painting on a laptop. Painting with the laptop mouse pad is not the easiest thing to do.

The second project was to create a Logo for a company. I decided to make a logo for my little sister who is a DJ. This was my favorite project because I was able to create something personal for someone I love.
And the last phase of the course was to learn adobe indesign. This program is absolutely amazing. You can create business cards, magazines, newsletters and so much more. For this course, I created a newsletter for DJ 2 Shae, a magazine about my personal experience with having had double hip surgery, and I also made a concert poster for a bonus final project.



For my Final Photoshop Project, I created a collage for the learn to swim kids that I teach. The project was supposed to evoke emotion, and so this one is 100% full of happiness and joy of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment